- airbag vest suitable for size 2XS to S
- consists of an inflatable air cushion, a back protector, a coiled cord and a CO2 gas cartridge of 50CC
- Safety is very important whether you enjoy equestrian sports recreationally or drive as a professional, the airbag vest has been extensively tested by TNO (the Netherlands) and complies with all applicable European directives. The Hit-air airbag vests are the only fully CE certified.
- weight airbag vest model Evolution-CS: 1.1 kg
- Type B key box
- comes with 50CC CO2 cartridge
- the spiral cord is the short type All-In-One Lanyard with convenient attachment to the saddle
- has reflective details on the front and back for better visibility in the dark and twilight
- not washable, only wipe with a wet cloth
- the CO2 cartridge can be used once and is not refillable
- the airbag vest is currently not yet BETA approved
How the Airbag Vest works:
When you wear the airbag vest you don't have it on until you fall. When taking off, the rider fastens the spiral cord to the saddle and the airbag is activated. At the moment of a fall, the spiral cord is pulled loose from your airbag vest, which activates the CO2 cartridge in your airbag vest, causing the vest to inflate in less than half a second. The airbag vest inflates and gives you the feeling of a large and sturdy balloon around you. The airbag vest also protects your neck thanks to the enclosed neck roll. This comes to the bottom of your safety helmet and your ears. Because of the firm and large balloon that you feel around you, your torso and all your vulnerable and vital parts from your neck to your tailbone are fully protected. The airbag vest therefore completely wraps you up during a fall. During the fall, the airbag vest also acts as a shock absorber, so that your landing will be softer.
Wearing the airbag vest:
The airbag vest consists of a body warmer with inflatable air cushions, a back protector, a coiled cord and a CO2 gas cartridge. The airbag vest is worn over the rider's clothing. The CO2 in the gas cartridge is non-toxic and non-flammable. After wearing the airbag vest, always hang it on a clothes hanger and store it in a dry room.
Replacement of the CO2 gas cartridge:
- Unscrew the empty gas cartridge.
- Let the residual gas escape from the airbag vest by means of small pressure movements.
- Insert the screw into the hole under the cartridge holder (this screw is included with the purchase of the airbag vest).
- Turn the screw in using the wrench until the safety cup pops up.
- Push the safety ball back into its socket.
- Slide the red cap down to make sure the safety ball is securely attached.
- Then turn the screw back using the key and remove the screw and key.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Slide the red cap back up, this is very important because otherwise the system will not work!
- Then screw in the new CO2 gas cartridge
Precautions when wearing the airbag vest:
Avoid sharp objects in the clothing you wear under the vest. Make sure you wear the right size airbag vest, the vest should not be too small and should always be worn over the other clothing.
Test the vest annually by activating it. When purchasing new CO2 cartridges, always ensure the right size and content.
Information about Hit-Air:
The Hit-Air airbag system has existed since 1985 and is used worldwide. The airbag vests are produced by Mugen Denko Co Ltd in Japan. They have been marketing the Hit-Air airbag system since 1985 and have an extensively tested and proven safety record. Hit-Air is the market leader with its vests sold in Asia, Europe, Australia and America. Hit-Air was the first to revolutionize equestrian safety with the airbag vests by using the best airbag technology in combination with a fashionable and comfortable wearable vest.