Does your horse have a sensitive head, a sensitive mouth or do you have trouble creating roundness? Do you want to offer your horse the ultimate comfort to perform to the best of his ability? Then read this blog because this exclusive and anatomical FaySport bridle from the new equestrian brand PresTeq might be the perfect solution!
I'm sure you've heard of it; an anatomical bridle. It's anatomically shaped and has a padded headpiece which helps relieve poll pressure and contours around the ears to provide extra comfort to the horse. They are available in several variations, but not one is as extensive as the PresTeq FaySport bridle that was launched last week!
This is the world’s only bridle with 12 anatomical properties, which create a bridle with optimal comfort for the horse. The bridle follows the contours of the horse’s head and evades important nerves, muscles, bones and joints. Without hindrance from the bridle, the horse will be able to optimally focus on his task and get the best connection possible with its rider. The bridle also has various additional functionalities to provide convenience and flexibility for the rider. Making it the perfect tool for the serious rider and busy schedule. The bridle is made of vegetable-tanned leather, which is gentle on the skin, durable and eco-friendly. The bridle can be used for all disciplines. The bridle is available in black and brown, both colours are available in size cob and full.
The 12 anatomical properties
We'll explain the 12 anatomical points shortly:
- 1. The special shape of the crown piece relieves the nuchal ligament and nerve endings at the top of the neck. The pressure is moved to two gel cushions on the sides of the neck.
- 2. The crown piece follows the shape of the ear base, allowing for optimal freedom of movement for the ears.
- 3. The PressTEQ attachment of the browband provides a smooth surface and prevents pressure points.
- 4. The special shape of the crown piece avoids the TMJ joint, allowing optimal relaxation of the jaw.
- 5. The crown piece avoids facial crest to prevent chafing. By removing the unnecessary throat latch, the windpipe can no longer be obstructed or irritated.
- 6. The ElasTEQ system in the cheek pieces provides an elastic connection to the mouth and prevents too much pressure on top of the head.
- 7. The special shape of the noseband avoids the facial nerve opening in the skull.
- 8. The noseband does not put pressure on the molars and cheeks.
- 9. By using the provided elastic bit straps, pressure on the bars of the mouth will be reduced.
- 10. The noseband is placed high enough to avoid the tip of the nasal bone and also features gel padding.
- 11. The noseband is shaped to completely avoid the nostrils, allowing for optimal breathing.
This unique bridle has several additional features. This makes the bridle the perfect tool for the ambitious rider.
1. PressTEQ browbands
The PressTEQ mounting system makes changing the browband very easy. You no longer have to take the entire bridle apart, but can simply click the browband on. This is even possible when the bridle is worn, which can come in useful when different outfits are worn. The bridle is provided with a plain leather browband in an elegant wave shape. Multiple designs of stylish and eye-catching browbands with Swarovski crystals are available separately.
2. Clip fastening
The cheek pieces, noseband and flash strap feature a clip. This offers multiple advantages. When the noseband and flash are set to the right size, putting the bridle on becomes quicker than ever before. The cheek pieces are also available separately. Keeping multiple bits at hand with the cheek pieces attached makes it incredibly easy and quick to change bits. This is even possible when the bridle is worn. Because the cheek pieces feature a clip, the bridle can be put on in a different way which does not disturb the ears. This is especially useful for horses with sensitive ears or horses that are head shy.
3. Alternative ways to avoid pressure on the ears and mouth:
- Disconnect the left cheek piece
- Place the bridle gently on the head, avoiding the ears
- Fasten the noseband
- Place the bit in the mouth and connect the left cheek piece
- Fasten the flash strap
4. Gel Padding
The crown pieces feature two large cushions with gel padding on either side of the poll. The noseband features a smaller cushion on top of the nasal bone. The addition of gel padding next to traditional padding provides increased pressure distribution which creates greater comfort for the horse.
5. Elastic bit straps
The elastic bit straps can be used if desired to slow down impact and reduce pressure on the mouth. The pressure will be distributed between the bit and noseband. This can be especially useful for young horses or horses with a restless or sensitive mouth.
PresTeq is the new brand for innovative products for the ambitious rider. A prestigious look combined with the latest technical advancements. They provide ambitious competition riders and their horses with the best equipment by using the latest technologies and high-quality materials. We are a big fan! What about you?